** Exclusive Discount: Save an extra $20 on any MBT Shoes purchase of over $100. Limited offer. See details below. **
I am not here to overcomplicate something that should be simple – getting the right size shoe. But...MBT shoes are not just any shoe. They fit and feel differently, and they are designed to be worn differently, with different results. That is a lot of difference. So getting the right size may need a little more explaining.
Remember – To get the most out of MBT technology and design, the shoe must fit the right way. Proper function demands proper fit.
Additional Support & Information
I can offer you a lot of great information on MBT sizing, from my personal experience and for others too. Buying Authentic MBT Shoes from an Authorized MBT Retailer will ensure the size you order is the size you get. I highly recommend The Top MBT Authorized Shoe Retailer. They have the largest selection. The best prices. And a very liberal lifetime return policy (with free return shipping). You can return the shoes a full year after your purchase (they must be in new condition, of course). They also have the most customer comments, so you can read from others how a specific shoe may fit you. Check them out to see the range of MBT styles and guarantee that you get the right size for the style you choose.
Note: This week save an extra $20 on any shoe purchase over $100 from our top shoe retailer. This is an exclusive offer. Available for Internet order only using the link above. Discount will apprear in the shopping cart.
European Conversions: What You Need to Know
Just in case the MBT shoe was not unique enough, they decided to make the conversion to European sizes different from other shoes. In short, your US size converts to a European size with thirds not halves.
MBT Men’s Conversion Chart
US Men’s 8 = MBT 41
US Men’s 8.5 = MBT 41 2/3
US Men’s 9 = MBT 42 1/3
US Men’s 9.5 = MBT 43
US Men’s 10 = MBT 43 2/3
US Men’s 10.5 = MBT 44 1/3
US Men’s 11 = MBT 45
US Men’s 11.5 = MBT 45 2/3
US Men’s 12 = MBT 46 1/3
US Men’s 12.5 = MBT 47
MBT Women’s Conversion Chart
US Women’s 5.5 = MBT 35
US Women’s 6 = MBT 35 2/3
US Women’s 6.5 = MBT 36 1/3
US Women’s 7 = MBT 37
US Women’s 7.5 = MBT 37 2/3
US Women’s 8 = MBT 38 1/3
US Women’s 8.5 = MBT 39
US Women’s 9 = MBT 39 2/3
US Women’s 9.5 = MBT 40 1/3
US Women’s 10 = MBT 41
MBT also offers sizes as small as 5.5/6 and as large as 13 for men, and sizes up to a women’s 13 as well.
About one half of MBT customers, according to one site, report that MBT shoes fit true to size. In other words, if you wear a men’s US size 11, you can safely buy an MBT 45.
The other half of MBT customers report that MBT shoes runs about a ½ size smaller than they usually wear. In other words, if you wear a women’s US size 6.5, you should consider buying an MBT 37 (not a 36 1/3). This was especially true for customers who wore a US half size to begin with.
Consideration: Many customers who reported that MBT shoes ran a half size smaller than their US counterpart may not have taken into account that MBT shoes run more narrowly than US shoes on purpose. The narrower width is intended for function – there is extra room at the heel, not the toe.
So where does that leave you on sizing? Here are the tips that I and my friends have found helpful:
- If you have a typically sized foot (not too wide or long), consider buying your US/MBT direct conversion or a size down (Snug fit is NOT TIGHT fit, people.)
- If you have very narrow feet, consider a half size down
- If your feet are wide, consider a half size up or your US/MBT direct conversion
- Most Importantly: Always buy from a reputable retailer (like The #1 MBT Shoes Retailer) and know their return policy – this should be a given with any shoe purchase, by the way
There are no absolutes in shoe sizing – even in US shoes. (I am a size 7 in most shoes but can wear a 8 in some brands.) Everyone’s foot is different, so know what you have needed in the past and apply it accordingly. Also, read what other have to say about a specific shoe. Each style (shoes, sandals, boots, etc) fits a little differently.
To get the most out of wearing an MBT shoe, there are some tips you should know in addition to sizing.
- Practice. Practice. Practice. – Don’t wear these shoes all day at first. Build up to it for better comfort and ease of wear.
- Walking in MBTs and comfort on your foot are two different things. MBTs should feel good on your foot the first time you put them on – if you think you need “a break-in period,” you likely have the wrong size or misunderstand how they are designed to fit your foot.
- They are supposed to provide a snug fit – except at the ankle
- They need to be laced tightly
- Your feet will slip back in these shoes – not forward like other shoes – it will take getting used to but this is intentional and NOT a sizing problem!
MBT shoes are unusual to be sure – but in a very good way. Once you determine your MBT shoe size, you should be able to use it with all styles and designs. And since MBT shoes are just about the best shoes out there, it is worth the time to get the sizing and fit right. You will be very happy you did.