** Exclusive Savings: This week only save an extra $20 on any MBT Shoe purchase. See link below. **
There has actually been quite a lot of controversy surrounding whether or not MBT shoes actually can affect weight loss and a reduction of cellulite. Seriously. Look it up. People get really heated about if wearing MBT shoes actually helps you lose weight. MBT has a lot of supporters, but there are also those who suggest that there is no way a shoe can deliver on so many health promises. That’s where I come in. I am going to try to end the controversy now and give you the facts.
The basic claim in question is that wearing MBT shoes can directly lead to weight loss. If you wear MBT shoes, you can and will lose weight. The theory behind this is pretty sound. MBT shoes do promote muscle activity, do increase muscle strength, and do tone and condition your muscles. There is actual research to support this. The theory then is that if you are exercising and toning your muscles, you are losing weight and slimming down. Seems pretty obvious to me.
In order for MBT shoes to actually cause you to lose weight, wearing them must increase your metabolism. (Because they clearly can’t stop you from eating Twinkies.) And two independent Swiss studies have shown that they do.
1. “Increased Metabolism While Standing with Unstable Shoe Construction” – University of Berne, Swiss Health & Performance Laboratory, September, 2008. Primary researcher –Dr. Hans H. Hoppeler.
- Results: The unstable sole construction of MBT shoes does increase metabolic rates, especially when standing. Wearing the shoe in everyday life also increases metabolism (rate of burning calories). These results can be “very much [ ] of relevance to individual person”
- Wearing the shoes increases the activation rate of major muscle groups, resulting in increased metabolic rate.
2. “Cellulite Study – The Efficacy of Masai Barefoot Technology as an Auxiliary Therapeutic Measure for Cellulite” – A collaboration of Lipoclinic Swiss and Swiss Masai Vertrieb AG, July, 2005. Primary researchers – Dr. Nikolaus Linde and Cordula Stegen, CH.
- Results: Average ratio of body fat decreased after wearing MBTs regularly for 4 weeks. Body weight and BMI also decreased. Approximately 2/3 of subjects also reported a significant decrease in tissue cellulite. 63% would recommend MBTs to friends for treatment of cellulite.
- Note: This study acknowledged that the results may be a combined result of workout provided by the shoes as well as to the increase in physical activity of the subjects due to the intense comfort of the shoes.
In the middle of all that research is the following fact.
The research demonstrated that wearing MBT shoes significantly aided the study subjects in losing weight!
The Bottom Line
If you do not take care of your body, MBT shoes cannot do it for you. This means that if you are very inactive and have poor eating habits, MBTs will probably not help you to lose weight. That said, wearing MBT shoes DOES offer a great workout. There are significant, clinical benefits to wearing these shoes on a daily basis.
- Increased Metabolism
- Increased Muscle Activity
- Increased Muscle Toning & Conditioning
- Reduced Cellulite
Perhaps the best point to come out of the research is this:
MBT shoes are so comfortable that they will inspire and encourage you to wear them more and be more physical, which results in the thing you want - WEIGHT LOSS!
Where To Buy MBT Shoes
If you are looking to buy a pair of MBT Shoes visit The Top Authorized MBT Shoe Retailer. They have the largest selection and best prices. They also have a very liberal lifetime return policy. Save an extra $10 on any shoe purchase of $100 (or more) at the top MBT Shoes retailer. Click the link above.