I am a nurse. I have been for 13 years. So, how does that make me an expert on shoes? Well…I work 235 days out of the year. And I work an average of 8 hours a day. That's over 24,000 hours on my feet! Being comfortable is essential in my job. Sore, tired feet do not make for cheerful nursing. Trust me, I have tried every pair of shoes out there that has promised comfort, durability, and style. And none have matched up to the Dansko Nursing Shoe.
Dansko Nursing Shoes are designed and made specifically with nurses in mind. They complement every nursing uniform and have allowed me, personally, to stay on my feet for hours at a time without a single ache or pain.
Where to Buy Dansko Nursing Shoes
Just as you don't want to compromise the shoe you buy, you don't want to compromise where you buy. Check out My Favorite Online Shoe Retailer. You won't have to go any further. This site matches the quality of the Dansko with the quality of their service and selection. And since a Dansko Nursing Shoe is a career investment, they offer really competitive pricing.
Special Discount: This week save an additinoal $10 on any Dansko Shoes purchase of $100 (or more). Discount will be applied to regular priced, and sale, shoes. Internet order only using the link above. Exclusive offer for WalkingShoeReviews.com visitors.
Why Choose Dansko over Other Brands
If you're considering Dansko as well as other brands, you may have noticed that that Dansko Nursing Shoes are more expensive than other shoes out there. The truth is that they can cost a little over $100. For some, this can be a deterrent. Don't let it be. Buying a cheaper shoe doesn't save you money. It hurts your feet, and you end with a cheap shoe. No nurse can afford that. Here's why these shoes are worth the money.
1. They will outlast any other nursing shoe out there. The quality of their construction beats out any of the other sneaker-type brands (like Reebok) which wear like sneakers and wear out quickly.
2. The contoured shape of the inside of the shoe - from the toe to the arch to the heel - will provide support all day long as well as perfect fit.
3. They disperse your weight more evenly than other shoes.
4. They are made of high quality leather that breathes and allows moisture to escape, unlike plastic (like Anywhere clogs).
5. The polyurethane outsole gives flexibility and shock absorption, can stand up to extreme hot and cold, and protects your feet, legs, back, and posture when you have to stand for a long time.
6. Solid, stable treads and soles to prevent slipping.
7. Every pair has ample padding for all day comfort. And it doesn't flatten out even with extended wear.
8. These shoes have the backing of the American Podiatric Medical Association.
9. Dansko Nursing Shoes look amazing and can be worn on a date as easily as they can be worn at work.
There are other decent brands out there - Alegria, New Balance, Reebok - but none of these brands can boast the combination of features of a Dansko shoe. And while looks may not matter to you - they do to me. I don't want to wear a sneaker or rubber shoe to work. I want a shoe that looks as good as it feels. And I'd rather spend the money now instead of having to buy several pairs and keep replacing them - which is what I was doing before I finally made the plunge and invested in the Dansko Nursing Shoe.
There are a lot of reasons why the Dansko Nursing Shoe is the most popular out there. One reason is comfort, fit, and durability, but let's not forget about fashion. Dansko simply makes shoes that are stylish.
The Rise of Color and Patterns in Nursing: The unique shape of the Dansko shoe is sophisticated and casual at the same time. And there are styles and colors to match every personality - which there are plenty of in nursing. Nowadays, there are a lot more choices in nursing uniforms than just white, and Dansko has really been the only nursing shoe company to keep up with the trends and offer a variety of colors and styles to match the newest uniforms.
Find Your Personality: Are you a Marcelle? An Ingrid? A Sienna? Dansko offers a simple clog, a Mary-Jane style, and even an open-back convertible heel strap. And of course, there is the Professional Leather or Patent Leather classic.
Other nurses have a word about them, too.
- "Consistently the best nursing shoe I've ever had."
- "Definitely worth the price - I've worn my Merrie's for two years now."
- "These are so great for nurses. People really don't know how hard it is on your feet. These make it easier to focus on the patients and not on the pain in my feet."
- "Love the look so much, I have two pairs. One for work and one for everything else!"
Personally, I am a Phoebe. I have been wearing it for at least two years now. The same pair!! They wipe down clean, and since I save these for work only, they have lasted longer than any other shoe I've owned. Oh, and I got them from My Favorite Dansko Shoes Retailer. Get your pair Dankso Nursing Shoes now. Your feet will thank you.